Picture driving along golden beaches that stretch for miles, lush green rainforests and freshwater lakes perfect for swimming. Add plenty of birds, marine life, and the occasional dingo, and you’ll start to understand why Fraser Island is often called a little slice of heaven on earth.
Fraser Island is located just off the Fraser Coast near Hervey Bay, and even the locals will tell you the best way to explore is by 4WD.
Palace Tag-a-longs work by having an experienced tour guide who knows the island, driving the lead vehicle whilst the rest of the group will have the opportunity to drive the remaining 4WD vehicles "tagging along" behind the lead vehicle.
Each night we retreat to the purpose built camp site along the eastern beach. With an exclusive camp trailer you can enjoy the nights in the Australian bush with the comfort of the specially designed weather-proof camp kitchen and camp tables to keep the sand out of your food.
Travellers will have arrived in to Hervey Bay the day before departure
- After the safety briefing in the morning, the group departs for Fraser Island
- After a short ferry ride from the mainland the guide will lead the group to various locations on the Island
- At the end of the day the group will set up at the purpose built campsite for the evening
- Explore various Island locations throughout the day, including Eli Creek, Maheno Shipwreck, Indian Head, Champagne Pools
- Return back to the groups allocated campsite for the second evening on the Island
- After packing up the campsite in the morning, the group will then begin the trip back to the mainland after visiting more beautiful sights
- Relax around Lake McKenzie
NOTE: Daily itineraries will vary depending on Tide and Weather conditions