3 Reasons Why You Need To Visit Byron Bay | Greyhound
Feeling the Blues? Here are 3 reasons why you need to visit Byron Bay
Byron Bay, NSW is a colourful and vibrant coastal town that sits at Australia’s most easterly point. Clean and undeveloped, the beaches are not overcrowded with high-rises.
It's a small town where many international acts come to attend music festivals and where many celebrities come to fly under the radar. The people, the creativity, the natural environment and alternative lifestyle is what makes Byron Bay so truly unique.
Here are 3 reasons why Byron Bay is a must see destination:
1. THE LIFESTYLE
Byron Bay is a very popular hotspot not only for it’s easy going lifestyle and surf culture but also for it’s unspoilt natural beauty. It's lifestyle is soulful, funky, hip and spiritual. It is the perfect location for visitors to enjoy and become a part of the laidback beach life style that Byron is renowned for.
The people are warm, free spirited and laid back. But be careful, one weekend may turn into one week, a week into a month…and before you know it, no shoes and dreadlocks are a serious consideration.
2. THE LOCAL ORGANIC PRODUCE
Byron Bay are organic wholefood legends
Byron Bay locals have a health conscious culture and are passionate advocates for natural, fresh organic produce. You will find a vast array of delicious and nourishing foods on offer as the region is full of bountiful farm organic produce! Whether you’re looking for organic food cafes, super foods, gluten free delights, raw food delicacies or carefully produced slow creations – Byron Bay has it all!
Just imagine trying some fermented foods with turmeric and ginger kombucha with a yummy avocado and coconut water smoothie! Hello flavour!
Getting hungry? We certainty are!
Tip: Visit the Byron Bay Markets at Butler St Reserve held on the 1st Sunday of each month, for some wonderful local organic food, handmade natural products, clothes and art stalls.
3. THE EVENTS / ACTIVITIES
|Byron Bay can be as laid back or as adrenalin packed as you make it! Here are some popular events / activities you can experience in Byron Bay:
- Due to its easterly position, Byron Bay is a magnet for fantastic waves so make sure you hire a surfboard or book yourself a surf lesson. There is no place more beautiful to develop a passion for hitting the waves.
- Plan ahead and grab a ticket to BluesFest, Australia’s largest international blues festival. It regularly featuring artists such as Ben Harper, John Mayer, Jason Moraz, Michael Franti, Jack Johnson and Dave Mathews Band. Bluesfest is held over the Easter long weekend annually. This year it’s held from the 2nd - 6th of April, 2015.
- Always wanted to try Stand Up Paddle Boarding? Now you can! Get on board this awesome new water sport, where you'll paddle through the wonderful Cape Byron Marine Park, experiencing nature and marine life at its very best.
- Kayak with Dolphins - Experience the fun of a guided kayak tour in the warm, beautiful waters of Byron Bay. Paddle with the dolphins, turtles and whales that frequently visit the area and relax on the beach afterwards.
- Adrenaline junkie? Then Skydiving over Byron Bay is a must! You will be strapped to a qualified tandem skydive master who will teach you everything you need to know and guide you every second of the way.
- Anyone looking to zen? There are many mind & body activities including yoga, retreats, day spas, massage studios, plus much more!
- Take the Cape Byron track for a hike up to the lighthouse for truly incredible views of the ocean and the mountains. Or hire a car and head to the stunning hinterland.
- There are many national parks that offer hiking or take a dip in inland waterfall rock pools.
- Heard of Nimbin and always wanted to check it out? Now you can! An awesome Nimbin tour departs from Byron Bay and takes you through stunning scenery of the Byron Bay Hinterland to the famous town!
We hope you are feeling excited to visit Byron Bay as much as we like taking you on our luxurious coaches! To book your travel and experiences in Byron Bay, visit our website.
Need help planning your itineray? Contact us today to help plan your perfect getaway.
Peace out :)
READ MORE BLOG POSTS