Competition Terms & Conditions
TRAVEL LOVERS - WIN A WHIMIT PASS FOR YOUR TRAVEL PARTNER
In the lead up to Valentine’s Day, we’re celebrating all things love… of travel! Whether you’re exploring with someone special or travelling to Australia looking for love, our Whimit travel passes give you the freedom and flexibility for unlimited travel on any route, in any direction, for as long as your pass allows.
HOW TO ENTER
Buy a 15, 30 or 60-day Whimit pass using promo code VALENTINE to go in the draw to win another pass of the same value for your travel partner.
Competition closes 8am Monday, 17 February 2020 AEST.
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions of entry. We especially ask you to note that by submitting an Entry, Greyhound Australia PTY LTD (the “Promoter”) has the right to contact you regarding travel and their services see below.
When entering Greyhound’s Travel Lovers competition (the “Competition”), you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- To be eligible to enter the promotion, entrants are required to purchase any Whimit travel pass using promo code VALENTINE. Each entrant can enter as many times as they like. This is a game of chance.
- Employees of Greyhound Australia and their immediate families of the Promoter and their agencies and companies associated with the Competition are ineligible to enter.
- The Competition commences on Monday, 10 February 2020 at 08:00 AEST and concludes on Monday, 17 February at 07:59 AEST (“Promotional Period”).
- There will be three (3) winning entries across the promotional period that will each take away a Whimit travel pass to the value of that which was originally purchased (i.e. one (1) 15-day Whimit pass, one (1) 30-day Whimit pass, and one (1) 60-day Whimit pass). Winners will be drawn randomly on Tuesday, 18 February 2020 at noon AEST. The winners will be notified via email. These Whimit passes must be taken as offered (arranged in the name of a person other than the entrant) and are not exchangeable or transferable. The prize will be forfeited in the instance of the entrant requesting a refund on their original Whimit pass purchased.
- Winners will be determined by Greyhound Australia Staff. The Promoters' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. This is a game of chance.
- The winner(s) will be notified via Facebook or Instagram comment and Direct Messaged.
- If any winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, that entry will be discarded and a new winner of that prize will be judged in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The prize must be coordinated between the winner and Greyhound Australia.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies associated with the Competition will take no responsibility for prizes lost in transit.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over mobile telephone communications, networks, internet access or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred.
- The use of automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. In case of dispute the entrant will be taken to be the holder of the mobile phone account from which the entry was received.
- If for any reason any aspect of the Competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, mobile network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory, where required.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this competition results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- In running the Competition, the Promoter will collect the personal information of entrants for the purposes of conducting the Competition, and contacting the entrants regarding the Promoter’s courses.
- The Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to its contractors, agents, its various State licensees and other third party service providers such as mail-houses and printers to assist in conducting the Competition, communicating with entrants, providing its products or services or as required or authorised by law. The Promoter does not disclose personal information overseas.
- The Promoter is Greyhound Australia PTY LTD (ABN 59 104 326 383) trading as Greyhound Australia, 692B Curtin Avenue East, Pinkenba, QLD 4008, Australia