DISCOVER LONELY PLANETS THIRD BEST CITY TO TRAVEL - CANBERRA
YES! You read that correctly! Canberra has landed a spot in the top 3 BEST places to travel to in Lonely Planets 2018 list! Just an FYI – this is the highest place ANY Australian city has ever placed – and it’s easy to see why!
This small, yet criminally overlooked city, is filled with culture and national treasures which can be found on almost every corner! Immerse yourself in the art and history, take a walk to the top of the Telstra Tower at Black mountain for a 360 degree view of Canberra or take a free tour of Parliament House. This city is perfect for the solo traveller all the way through to the classic family holiday spot!
Come and explore this award winning destination with Greyhound Australia, with daily services to and from many locations, what are you waiting for?
Ranking higher than any Australian city has EVER been ranked before, it’s time to visit Canberra to find out for yourself, what a hot destination it’s become!
Canberra Must Do's
- Did you know that Canberra offers one of the most unique Zoo experiences, where you can stay overnight with the animals!
- Honour the sacrifice and achievements our soldiers made for us during the war and visit the shrine and museum at the Australian War Memorial.
- Race to the top of the Telstra Tower at Black Mountain or Mount Anislie for breathtaking 360° views of Canberra and surrounds.
- Admire local and international stunning artworks at the National Gallery of Australia.
- Stroll or ride around the shores of scenic Lake Burley Griffin; it’s the perfect place for a picnic in the park or indulge in one of the lakeside cafes.
- Visit New Parliament House where you can enjoy a free guided tour and learn all about the place where Australia’s most important decisions occur.
Bus stop location
Greyhound Terminal, Bays 2-4,
13 minutes to and from Canberra International & Domestic Airport
Canberra travel centre
Jolimont Centre, Shop G14
Phone: (02) 6191 6515
Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday 6am -6pm
Most popular routes to Melbourne