Gold Coast <> Byron Bay
From one hot spot to another, the trip from Gold Coast to Byron Bay has a lot to offer. From the glitter strip of Cavil Ave, to the Gold Coast hinterland region and the hippie capital of Nimbin, there are many diverse areas to explore along this journey.
If you are a surfer, you will want to bring your board to surf at some of the popular surf beaches, like Main Beach in Surfers Paradise and Byron Bay. We can easily take your board in our oversized luggage bins so it stays with you the whole time.
Highlights of the Gold Coast to Byron Bay trip
- In the heart of Surfers Paradise visit the ‘Glitter strip’ at Cavil Ave, a lively pedestrian strip starting at the famous ‘Surfers Paradise’ sign.
- Spend a day exploring the Gold Coast hinterland, with easy walking tracks to picnic areas, small creeks and waterfalls, hidden gems are waiting to be discovered.
- Stop off in the small coastal seaside village of Brunswick Heads, a quiet town with eclectic shopping from art to second hand wears and fashion.
- Take a day tour to Nimbin, recognised as the alternative lifestyle capital of Australia, explore historical shops and cafes and meet the locals.
- Learn to surf in Byron Bay with a 3 hour lesson, you will be riding the waves in no time.
Bus stop locations
Gold Coast Transit Centre
Corner Gold Coast Highway and Beach Rd, Surfers Paradise
84 Jonson St, Byron Bay