Airlie Beach <> Agnes Water
This road trip highlights a number of quaint country seaside towns each with their own unique offering as well as access to the many islands making up the Southern Great Barrier Reef. Enjoy swimming, snorkelling and sailing in the Whitsundays, bushwalking in beautiful national parks and learning the history of Captain Cooks arrival in Agnes Water.
Highlights of the Airlie Beach to Agnes Water trip
- Whitsundays! With 74 islands in total, the water is the most pristine aqua blue you will ever see and a trip to Whitehaven Beach is definitely one for the bucket list.
- Take a bushwalk through Eungella National Park, outside Mackay, where you can spot Platypus in the wild.
- Rockhampton is beef cattle country. You know you have arrived when you see the Big Bull. The Great Western Pub on a Friday night is good for a steak, bull riding and rodeo action.
- Visit the coastal village of Emu Park, a hidden gem along the coastline, perfect for a quiet relaxing pit stop.
- Agnes Water is the first surf beach you come to as you make your way down the coast, learn to surf, grab a kayak or hire a bike to explore the town where Captain Cook first landed.
Bus stop locations
Heart of the Reef Transit Terminal
The Cove Road, Airlie Beach
AGNES WATER / 1770
Caltex Service Station
Corner Round Hill Road and Captain Cook Drive