Travelling From Brisbane To Hervey Bay By Coach | Greyhound
The Journey Between Brisbane & Hervey Bay
The allure of Hervey Bay is undeniable for both travellers to Queensland and locals alike. Located just 4 hours and 40 minutes from Brisbane, Hervey Bay is not only the gateway to the World Heritage Listed Fraser Island, but is also Australia’s whale watching capital. A trip to Queensland is not complete without making the pilgrimage and here are our highlights along the way!
READ FULL ARTICLE BOOK NOW READ MORE BLOG POSTS
Brisbane is Queensland’s capital and Australia’s third largest city, home to more than 2.1M people. While there is seemingly an endless list of must-do activities in Brisbane here are our top 3 highlights for people new to the city, a place that has become known amongst Aussies as, the ‘river city’.
- The Story Bridge Climb – Looking for a unique perspective of Brisbane City? Why not strap on a harness and take in one of the most breathtaking views of the Brisbane skyline that you are likely to find. The Story Bridge is perhaps the most iconic bridge in Brisbane and climbing to its summit is a unique experience.
- South Bank – Although you are nestled in the hustle and bustle of one of Australia’s largest cities, South Bank is an oasis by the river. Complete with world-class dining, a 60-metre Ferris wheel, cultural destinations and even a beach, South Bank is a great way to escape the city rush.
- Live sport at the Gabba – If there’s one thing Queenslanders take seriously, it’s their sporting prowess and there’s no better place to experience their true passion for sport than at the Gabba. Home to both AFL and cricket, depending on the time of year, the Gabba is renowned as one of the best live sporting arenas in Australia.
- River Cruise – Take in the beauty of Brisbane from the water aboard one of the many cruise options available. Whether you want to take in the sights aboard a historic paddle wheeler or crisscross from point-to-point on a CityCat, the Brisbane river has something for everyone.
Although the trip to Hervey Bay is only 4 hours and 40 minutes, there are still plenty of sights to see along the way. Here are just a few of our highlights.
- Australia Zoo – Famous the world over for its array of wildlife species and conservation work, Australia Zoo is a travel destination in itself. Home to more than 100 individual species, give yourself at least half a day to take in everything from lizards to lions.
- Noosa – Feeling tired or stressed from your travels? Give yourself a break and get some sand between your toes. Whether you like lying on pristine beaches or surfing on pristine waves Noosa is for you! And let’s not forget the array of backpacker accommodation and vibrant nightspots on offer.
- Rainbow Beach – North of the Sunshine Coast is Rainbow Beach, home to some of the most ruggedly beautiful coastline in Australia. Swimming with dolphins, skydiving, hang gliding and of course taking in the beautiful rainbow coloured sands around the area are just a few of the activities on offer in Rainbow Beach.
While you’re only a short drive from Brisbane by the time you reach Hervey Bay you will feel like you could be in another country. And if the tropical, coastal small town feel wasn’t enough it’s also home to some one-of-a-kind adventures.
- Whale Watching – If you’ve travelled to Hervey Bay you’ve no doubt heard of the remarkable whale watching on offer. However, there is nothing anyone could tell you that will prepare you for the majestic beauty of an up-close-and-personal experience with a humpback whale. This is truly a pinch-yourself experience that you will treasure for the rest of your life.
- Fraser Island – Just off the coast of Hervey Bay is the World Heritage Listed Fraser Island. The island is a mecca for tourists and locals alike lured by the untouched beauty, pristine forests, freshwater lakes and unique wildlife.
- Fun On The Water – Whether you like to fish from the shore or aboard a charter, water ski or zip around the bay on a jet ski Hervey Bay is truly a town for the water lovers amongst us.
If you would like to make the trip between Brisbane and Hervey Bay there is no better way to do it than aboard a Greyhound. Book your seat today!
READ MORE BLOG POSTS BOOK NOW