Airlie Beach <> Townsville
The road between Townsville and Airlie Beach is lined with sugar cane fields and snaking rivers making up the Burderkin region. Many rural and coastal towns offer small town vibes and friendly locals very willing to share their knowledge and plenty of local produce to be sampled.
If you are a surfer, you will want to bring your board to surf at some of the popular surf beaches, like Main Beach in Surfers Paradise and Byron Bay. We can easily take your board in our oversized luggage bins so it stays with you the whole time.
Highlights of the Townsville to Airlie Beach trip
- Visit Magnetic Island, a short 20min ferry from Townsville and you’re in paradise, a great spot to watch the morning sunrise.
- Explore all that is on offer at Paronella Park, eco accredited with the first privately owned hydro plant.
- Take a photo in front of the Big Mango in Bowen, the mango capital of Australia.
- Grab a fishing rod and head to the Burderkin River, well known for its barramudi and mudcrabs.
- Whitsundays! With 74 islands in total, the water is the most pristine aqua blue you will ever see and a trip to Whitehaven Beach is definitely one for the bucket list.
Bus stop locations
Sealink Terminal, Sir Leslie Thiess Drive, Townsville
Heart of the Reef Transit Terminal
The Cove Road, Airlie Beach