Take a comfortable overnight bus to make the most of your time in your chosen destination and save on overnight accommodation costs!
Overnight coach services are a great way to spend more quality time in every location you visit. Don’t waste a day travelling – instead, take an overnight Greyhound bus and arrive rested, refreshed and ready for your next adventure!
Aboard a Greyhound overnight bus, you’ll enjoy comfortable leather seats that recline further and offer more legroom than many airline carriers, as well as free WiFi connectivity, in-seat USB chargers and on-board restrooms. You’ll have everything you need to recharge and get a great night’s sleep!
If you’re travelling around Australia on one of our Whimit travel passes, overnight buses are a particularly great way of ensuring you get to spend more time in more places and really maximise the value of your pass.
Choose an overnight bus for convenience and comfort, and make the most of every day!
Preparing for an overnight bus
Travelling on an overnight bus is a simple and straightforward process, but there are a few things you can do that will make your experience even more enjoyable. Follow these tips to travel like a pro:
- Make sure you rug up! Once the sun sets, the temperature drops, and other passengers on the bus might like the air conditioning to be cooler than you’d prefer. If you’ve got a small blanket that’s easy to carry, pack it!
- Bring snacks! Most overnight coach services will have scheduled meal breaks, but if you sleep through your break, having snacks on board the bus is a must.
- Pack earplugs! There’s no need to sacrifice your sleep (or your sanity) just because you’re unlucky enough to be seated near a snorer or a loud talker. Just put your earplugs in and drift off to a blissful slumber.
- Stay hydrated! Air conditioning is great, but it’s also a known cause of dehydration, because it leads to a lower water content in the atmosphere. There’s an easy fix for this, though – just pack a water bottle. All Greyhound coaches come complete with a bathroom, so don’t worry about filling up on too much water. You’re good to go with H2O!
- Don’t forget the essentials! You’ll find in-seat USB charging ports and free WiFi on every Greyhound bus, which means your phone will always have power and internet access – as long as you remember to pack a charger and a cable. It’s also a great idea to bring hand sanitiser, face wipes, mints and a toothbrush and toothpaste to help you feel clean and fresh, and a travel pillow to make sure you don’t wake up with a sore neck.
For more coach travel tips check out our Coach Travel Surviving Guide.
Frequently asked questions
Where can I buy Greyhound bus tickets?
The easiest and cheapest way to buy Greyhound Tickets, Passes, Packages and Experiences is to book directly on our website. Your purchase can then saved to your My Greyhound account where you can manage your booking.
You can also book your trips on the phone by contacting our friendly customer service team on 1300 473 946; at our Travel Centres and directly with the driver. Please note that all bookings made through our call centre, travel centre and directly from our drivers incur a booking fee of $5.
Can I reserve a window seat?
Yes, you will be able to select your seat when you book your travel, subject to availability. Our booking systems will show you which seats have already been reserved and which seats are available to choose from. Visit the seat selection page for more information.
How much does a Greyhound Ticket cost?
All our fares come in three tiers – Early Bird, Advantage and Flexible – with prices varying based on how far in advance you are making a booking. You can find the most up-to-date price for your trip by searching available trips online or by calling our customer service team on 1300 473 946. For more information on different types of available fares visit our Compare Fares page.
Don’t see an answer to your question here? Consult our comprehensive list of Frequently Asked Questions.
Popular overnight buses